TECHNOLOGY AND THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY
Leading minds in the likes of artificial intelligence, synthetic biology, social media and blockchain discuss how these and other technologies will radically change how we work, live, and play in the next 20-50 years. Host Anand (Dean Anand) Anandalingam has been a dean and scholar at multiple, prestigious universities. He and his guests from government, industry, and academia search for answers into how humankind can flourish and not succumb to the technological and economic changes that are inevitable.
The confluence of Big Data and AI can do a lot of good – Future of Humanity
In this episode of Future of Humanity, we will be talking with Professor Margret Bjarnadottir, one of the world's leading experts on using big data and analytics for doing good. With a Ph.D. from MIT, Margret has used big data and AI to improve opioid prescriptions, predict colorectal cancer mortality, design drug surveillance mechanisms, and patient targeting. She has also studied the best approaches to remedy the pay-gap problem taking into account both equity and economics. Listen in for a very informative and uplifting conversation.
- The confluence of Big Data and AI can do a lot of good
- Human-Centered Artificial Inteligence: An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- Global Inequality in COVID Vaccine and Drug Availability
- Cultivated Meats: What the future holds for the way we eat.
- Climate Change: Technology and Finance Can Easily Mitigate Global Warming Today
- Dealing with Rare and Orphan Diseases:The Technology Imperative
- The Impact of AI in Medicine
- Medicine and Engineering will Partner to enhance the Future of Humanity
- Synthetic Biology and CRISPR Will Revolutionize Food and Agriculture
- Big Data Revolution: Old Wine in New Bottles